As it often happens in a team, everybody has an opinion on design. In that context, it can be difficult to choose between different strategies, concepts and ideas.
Designers are often at the end of that chain of opinions and it makes their work less efficient and more frustrating.
To smooth those pain points and multiply user feedbacks sources, we introduced a new tool in the team: a remote user testing platform, Testapic.
I’ve been managing that approach by:
- Upgrading my skills & knowledge on user testing
- Supporting UX and UI designers on their projects by proposing appropriate user tests, survey, etc.
- Building the test’s strategy tailored to each need and writing the protocols
- Analysing and interpreting the results (videos, data, verbatims)
- Recommend courses of actions pertaining the test results
- Counseling other teams in Solocal Group at large
I’ve launched some 70 tests by now of various types: videos on a live website / app or on interactive prototypes, survey on a live website / app or on interactive prototypes, behavioral survey, pick and choose questionnaire, Attrakdiff questionnaire, etc.
I’ve also created a reference document on remote user testing and trained all the designers on the team (in case I wouldn’t be available to support them).